Nut kits contain differently sized and shaped nuts – types of fasteners with a threaded hole that are almost always used in conjunction with a screw to fasten parts together.
Types of nuts in the nut kits
- Cage nuts - a square nut in a spring steel cage. The cage can be inserted into the square holes, for example, in the mounting rails of equipment racks.
- Hex nuts - a six-sided general purpose nut.
- Wingnuts - a nut with two metal 'wings' on each side so it can be easily tightened and loosened by hand without tools.
- Dome nuts - a nut that has a dome-shaped end on one side.
- Self-locking nuts - a nut that resists loosening under vibration.
Feature and benefits of nut kits include:
- Variety of locking nuts for different applications and to fit a variety of different screws
- The nuts are organised by size in a handy box for quick and easy use.
- Choose a kit according to the number of pieces and different materials included, including brass, nylon and stainless steel.