Safety & Hazard Tapes
Hazard tapes and barrier tapes are an effective and quick way of highlighting a potential danger and give clear warnings. These danger tapes can also highlight different quality control areas and for cordoning off potential hazards, together with other hazard warning signs and labels.
There are different types of adhesive or non-adhesive tape, with a range of different backing materials such as PE, polyester, PVC, vinyl. They come in various lengths, widths, and thicknesses as well as a variety of other unique selling points depending upon your individual requirements.
Different types of barrier and hazard warning tape:
The colour of the tape quickly enables an individual to identify the level of risk to them. Generally speaking, there is a two-tone pattern of alternating stripes sometimes with wording such as ’Caution’, ’Do not enter’ or ’Danger’ written in prominent letters.
- Red/ White barrier tape - used for fire prevention and protection equipment areas to isolate areas during or after a fire.
- Barrier warning tape - used to keep the general public away to reduce the risk of smoke inhalation, damaged structures and flying debris.
- Black/ Yellow hazard tape - used where there are physical hazards such as low hanging objects, material storage or trip hazards
- Orange/ White caution tape - traffic and caution warning
- Black/ White tape - housekeeping and aisle marking
- Pink/ Yellow hazard warning tape - radiation hazards
- Blue/ White tape - defective machinery
- Green/ White safety tape - safety and first aid equipment
- Danger Men Working tape - used to manage pedestrian traffic and to prevent them from entering areas with temporary hazards. Areas, where this barricade tape is used, include construction sites where utility companies or painters are working.
- Do Not Enter warning tape - used to reduce workplace injuries. Used to mark off areas that are potentially dangerous or restricted.
- High Voltage warning tape - ideal for warning of danger and cordoning off potential hazard areas that contain high voltage.