The range of Pneumatic Valves & Manifolds from RS Components includes control valves, manifold bases, solenoid coils and repair kits from top suppliers such as SMC, Bosch Rexroth, and Norgren.
Below we have covered the main types pneumatic valves and manifolds RS carries:
- Manual control valves – Allow for the manual control of air flow around a pneumatic air system. They can be used to control the flow of air in one direction but not another, in a pressure relief situations where pressure needs to be dissipated outside of the system or to control the amount of air which is passed around the air flow system.
Manual control valves are available in a number of control methods from knobs, levers to foot pedals. Control valves are as modular meaning that multiple valves can be used in conjunction with each other to create various different combinations of flow.
- Solenoid valve connectors – In simple terms solenoid connectors are a devices which actuate a pneumatic valves by a user or control system remotely by converting energy into a linear motion which actuates the valve.
- Pilot-operated relief valve (PORV) – Are used to control pressure in overpressure events. The difference between these control valves and other pneumatic control valves is they use the system pressure to seal the valve, when an over pressure situation is detected they open until the overpressure event has passed, then return to their previous closed state.
- Pneumatic Solenoid Valve – These valves open and closed states are controlled by energy. In a closed state no air can pass through the system and vice versa when the energy is applied to the solenoid. They can be used to control cylinders, large valves or air tools. Pneumatic Solenoid Valves have two or more ports which control various air circuits to which they are affixed. The state of which ports are open or shut is controlled via a solenoid
- Pneumatic Bases – Allow for the mounting of multiple pneumatic valves in a given location
- Pneumatic Manifolds – Allows multiple pneumatic fittings to share / connect to one single air or source. Manifolds are available in various port sizes and materials to support high and low pressure applications.